-- ABOUT US --
I’m Not Just A Name Children’s Resource Center (INJANCRC) is a non for profit organization providing education and awareness pertaining to missing and exploited children. On behalf of every child who is missing or at risk of exploitation INJANCRC’s goal is building partnerships with the community and law enforcement in order to better protect our children and assist in getting them home safe.
We are making progress in recruiting organizations and businesses that are joining us in this cause by allowing us to implement safety programs for their facilities in the commitment to reduce the number of children reported missing to law enforcement every day.
With a team of dedicated board members and volunteers, we are determined to make an impact in ensuring that our children are never just a statistic or a name on a report. We look forward to building partnerships with our community in an effort to work together to protect our children.
-- WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO --
* Every 40 seconds in the United States, a child becomes missing or is abducted.
* Most potential abductors grab their victims on the street or try to lure them into their vehicles.
* In 80% of abductions by strangers, the first contact between the child and the abductor occurs within a quarter mile of the child's home.
* Acting quickly is critical. Seventy-four percent of abducted children ultimately murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.
* One in five children, 10 to 17 years old receive unwanted sexual solicitations online.
* One in five girls, and one in ten boys, will be sexually exploited before their 18th birthday.
INJANCRC is an advocate for the distribution of info packets and free training for business employees. We also participate in the poster partner program (sharing posters of missing children in the community and through social media).
I'm Not Just A Name Children's Resource Center
4425 W. Montrose Avenue
Chicago, Illinois. 60641
1-844-6MY-KIDS * FX: 1-844-669-5437 * firstname.lastname@example.org